Saturday, September 10, 2011

American Crimson

I slept. I was apathetic to the pleas of my fellow countrymen. Chaos and subsequent disorder consumed my reality whilst I sought respite in my slumbers. How could these sacrifices be allowed? How could death be an acceptable price for power?


I slept. My apathy was a direct result of my disbelief in the callous nature of those controlling our destinies.


Those atop the social pecking order. The "Bourgeois". They sat nonchalantly in their crystal castles whilst my world burned. My soul was crying, my world was dying, and here I was, speechless. How could WE, as a people, allow the endless thirst for dominion to come this far? 


I saw in myself, by virtue of sheer inaction, the very same beast that had taken hold of my reality. My life. My dreams of a world devoid of paranoia, without gross compartmentalization....vanished in one fell swoop. 


A tick, a crash and a thud. Dust permeates the late summer air, thousands screaming in unison, a plea to escape the insanity. The uncertainty. The HELL of men's unmitigated ambition.


I slept. I slept because the agenda had been met. I slept because when the chieftain waves his scepter in anger, the villagers bow to his might. 


Now that the stage has been set, how will we -- how will our children -- react to the totalitarian hell that is on the horizon? Remember those that died, so that you may unfortunately never see "freedom" as we so naively perceived it before the dust settled on that fateful September morning.


In memory and in honor of those who perished on September 11th, 2001. God rest your souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment