Friday, September 23, 2011

The Dreaded "Writer's Block"

Hold the presses! The weblog isn't dead. Yes, I know that I've not been posting as often as I did over the past three or four weeks, but I've hit a roadblock insofar as what to write about. Nothing fancy here, folks. I'm out of ideas. I was planning on posting a psychological/philosophical overview of Paul Schrader/Martin Scorcese's acclaimed cinematic masterpiece "Taxi Driver", but got sidetracked along the way. I'll still be posting this eventually, but it's taking far longer than expected due to the film being so difficult to pin down; it's a multi-dimensional beast that's going to take more than three or four cursory paragraphs to do justice.

The next post will more than likely be the third edition of my bi-weekly "Sketches In Sound" series, with the "Taxi Driver" article following suit, though that may be within a week or two week's time -- it's day-to-day, so it's uncertain as of the immediate moment. Know it's coming, and know that I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. There's much to write about yet, but until I can latch on to something that holds my interest and that I have a passion for, I'll be taking a hiatus. Until then, friends.

Mario, "Inlands of Inanity"

No comments:

Post a Comment